Support a living planet - Join WWF

Thursday, August 16, 2007

Rohit with Paradigm

I just played on stage for the first time ever today. I was the stand-in bassy for Paradigm and we participated in the elims of Mosh, the Western Band Competition, at Umang 2007.

Jinju called me up yesterday afternoon and told me he needed a bassy. Though I have never handled a base guitar in my life, I was eager to try things out and went for the jam. I actually played the acoustic for practice as there was no bass guitar available at Echo Point.

I managed to hit the right notes and we were ready to roll. Jinju has an awesome voice and we have two amazing guitarists in Ashwin and Nandan. Aditya Talwar is great on drums.

We covered Born to Be Wild by Steppenwolves and Animal by Pearl Jam. After our performance, the cheers told me we were making it to the finals and by God we did. Top marks and we are playing in the finals on saturday baby.........yeeeaaahhhh!

No comments: