Support a living planet - Join WWF

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Brainless wisdom

Jack Nicholson, in a memorable scene from 'The Departed', tells a young Matt Damon, "When I was your age, they told me you could become cops or criminals. Today, what I'm saying is this - When you're facing a loaded gun........ what's the difference?"

I was sitting in a lecture where the teacher was trying to teach us Control Systems. Everything on the board appeared a blur as she harped on about 'Operating Points' and 'Gain Compensation' and other incomprehensible bullshit. I wished I was in the canteen or playing football or in my house or just about anywhere else because the more I thought about it, the more sure I was that I was wasting my time.

That reminded me of something my uncle told me once. he said, "You can be either a doctor or an engineer." When I sit in a classroom where the only thing I think about is getting the hell out, I ask myself, "What's the fucking difference?"

1 comment:

Dimple Nangia said...

LOL, true true :D